Greetings all and a wish for an extended time of being grateful for all you are so fortunate to have. While sitting on a connection flight from New York to Houston for Thanksgiving I decided to spend time thinking about the “Big” picture things I am truly grateful for. The following is what I have come up with through my eyes. I am thankful for all of you across the globe and pray one day we will get to sit and enjoy life.
Thanksgiving Gratitudes Top “10” List for 2010
1) Family and extended family this Thanksgiving (and every day for that matter)
2) Friends willing to walk through life requiring accountability and transparency from me
3) All the brave men and women serving so valiantly day-in and day-out to protect this country and our freedoms. I am especially grateful for all those in uniform serving this Thanksgiving day
4) That God still believes in me despite my constant screw-ups; forgives me, and still provides opportunity
5) All of the brave orphans around the world “holding out” hope and making the best of life in spite of unfair, unjust or confusing circumstances
6) Hope For the Silent Voices and the constant life-change it brings to my life and others around the world
7) “Closed” doors which lead to self-examination and ultimately the right path in life for the right time
8) The Lebanese-American meal I am about to devour
9) Forgiveness and the strength to do so every time it is needed
10) People bold enough to dream about impacting lives around them and courageous enough to act on it.
11) Those who “Pay it Forward”
12) That we are not confined to live the lives of our past.
13) Poor & homeless beggars who use the money given to them for legitimate purposes
14) Experiences as a disaster responder to the Southeast Asian tsunami and Hurricane Katrina as they have permanently altered my life
15) Cathay Pacific airlines for transporting all of the Hope For the Silent Voices’ “Impact” groups to difficult situations in strange places across the globe (and back)
16) Those who live by the credo, “We are responsible for what we know.”
17) My fellow 12-Step friends across the world
18) Those who give without strings attached; in spite of the fact it is they who understand the ones who truly benefit are the they who give genuinely
19) The young trafficked girls across Asia who break my heart but are strong enough to pick me up emotionally
20) The confusing, yet internally resonating affirmation of “faith being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see”
21) People who “throw” their insecurities at me allowing me to finally set boundaries and walk away from that season of life which needed to end. Freedom to spend time in the present
22) The bones of those littering the road to recovery; who did not make it – yet tried!! They blazed a trail for us
23) A policy-maker with integrity who will one day come and help set the wrongs right
24) Little children of whom a quick glance or touch sets the heart in motion and makes the world “Okay” for just that moment
25) Moms & Dads who love their children in the “first-person”
26) Those who refuse to be immobilized by the unjust realities of their life testimonies – pick themselves up – dust themselves off – and use for good the evil that was intended to harm them
Happy Thanksgiving to you wherever you may be! If you are still breathing there is hope for you and reason to keep striving.